Canadian Down Under

Tuesday, December 02, 2008

You've got mail!

I love days like these (yes, my earlier post was from today - but this is a non-work story...)

I got home and checked my mailbox and I had mail!!

Now normally its not something that gets me all that excited but that's because its usually just bills but not today!! Today I received a letter.

A real letter!!

AND it was from my best friend.

Very cool.

Usually I rip right into things, but what with the ease of phone calls and email - receiving real letters is such a rare occurence that I had to savour it. So what did I do? I examined it and thought about what it might be. I guessed at what she might have written.

I put it on the counter in plain view while I changed out of my suit, fed Monster and got settled in. And little impatient me even held it in my hands for a few minutes before opening.

It was worth it. I love getting letters. Know what I love more? Unexpectedly getting letters - letters that are all about just saying hello.

Nice to know I'm missed. It's making me slightly homesick - but it was worth it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home