Canadian Down Under

Monday, January 25, 2010

Is this what boredom feels like??

I don't know anymore. I've spent the last few years either working or tired and always thinking about the things I could be doing if I wasn't tired and/or had some free time....

well - I'm there now.

I have free time and I've been doing the things I've always wanted to: eating better, exercising, learning guitar, writing and doing all things music.

I sound so saintly, but really I'm not. I start every day with the best of intentions - but I am naturally a procrastinator (read: lazy) - so I have to-do lists. I write down all the things I want to do/need to do the following day and do my best to fit them all in.

Now its not like a work list - I even include things like 'go to the beach'. Lame I know - but sometimes as I'm turning into a potato on my couch, just simply reading the list can get me moving.

That way - no day is wasted.

Well, unless I want to waste it!

And I've been good! Doing all things that I want and should. But I think that some of the shoulds are wearing on me slightly. This whole packing thing and getting quotes is really taking the fun out of my day (I know you'd think that perhaps making a list would actually take the fun out of my day - but truly, it doesn't - it helps considering my short-term memory sucks at the moment...)

I don't know my dates. I don't know exactly when I'm leaving, when I should give notice for my flat, when I should ship the cat, what I should sell versus ship.

I just can't make any decisions...

Today, I couldn't even decide of the three items I bought (variations of the same thing) - which I should keep (and the intent was only to keep one - not all three...) and what I should return.

So the last few days I've done what I'm supposed to - but I've had more time than usual.

I'm actually feeling kind of idle - which is dangerous for me because it lets my brain think too much and too often.

Is this boredom? Or is this just what happens when the weather gets crappy????

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home