Canadian Down Under

Sunday, July 24, 2005

Blast from the Past - The Sequel

Technology has it pros and cons - but at the moment - having just received an email from my first serious boyfriend, a relationship that ended over a decade ago!! - I can only think of one con: you can never move out of reach....

So there I am checking my email hoping for a message from a guy (not realising that I needed to be much more specific to the email fairies......) when I see I have a new message in my spam folder. Checked to make sure it wasn't the one I was waiting on - and I gotta tell ya- I certainly wasn't expecting, let alone waiting for this one.

It was from my old boyfriend. The one I dated for almost seven years, who could never hold a job, stole money from me when I was penniless in university (despite the fact he was working), sent me threatening letters when we broke up, tried to turn all my friends against me since I was in a different town going to school, asked to get together again when I finally agreed to meet him for coffee a year and a half later after having admitted to having cheated on me. That boyfriend.

You know what he wanted? To see if we could get together when I was in Toronto in a few weeks. (I don't normally name people in my blog, but Bri - you are in so much trouble for giving him my email address and telling him anything about me). You know the trip - the one that's so jam packed with family stuff that I'm having trouble organising to see my three closest friends.

As if.

Tell me - is this another time where I'm going to have to be the bigger person and answer him politely?

Spam folder. ...... Fitting really.

1 Comments:

  • Dear Laura,

    could you please send me a short email at julien(AT_)expat-blog(DOT_)com ?

    I would like to send you a presentation of my project, www.expat-blog.com . I didn't find your email address on your blog.

    Kind regards,

    Julien

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home