Canadian Down Under

Monday, July 18, 2005

Doing your taxes CAN be fun!

I realise that statement may sound like I'm on hallucinogenic drugs, but bear with me....

It's July - and as every North American wouldn't know - it's tax time in Australia. The timing's hard to get used to, but seeing as I'm getting a refund just as my VISA bill just arrived with my flight to Canada on it - I'm not complaining.

I even got myself organised/educated enough to do them myself on-line (Sounds simple enough to others - but I usually manage to screw them up somehow....) on the government website. It's actually pretty user-friendly; asking you question along the way to help guide you and make sure you don't miss any deductions et cetera.....

It even helps you fill out your personal details with option lists....Like on choosing your occupation - the list is SOOOOOO long - but this is where the fun starts.... As I was scrolling down the list looking for my particular occupation (which is never easy, cause I can't find the appropriate title for a job role that involves money for nothing...) I came across the following options:
  • prostitute
  • stripper

You know, I was sooooo tempted... I considered putting down my occupation as a prostitute just to see if it affected my rebate but then I had visions of getting hit by a truck and my mom having to go through my papers while sorting out my stuff and coming across paperwork that said her daughter was a prostitute and I just couldn't do it....

Though it'd kinda be funny....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home