Canadian Down Under

Monday, July 11, 2005

One-Sided

I'm not talking about a recent argument I had...
Nor am I talking about any old relationships (though I could probably talk for hours on the one-sidedness of those....)

I'm talking about me (my favourite subject..).

Me. I'm one-sided. Everything happens to my one-side. For example:
  • When I fell off my bike and dislocated my shoulder, it was the left
  • When my foot got twisted in a pot-hole playing Ultimate and I tore the cartilage in my knee, it was the left
  • When my brothers dislocated my elbow, it was the left
  • When I get ear infections, it's the left
  • When I cracked a bunch of teeth on a sailboat (don't ask..), it was the molars on the left
  • When I slipped a disc in my back while running, it was the left side
  • And now - when I fall down drunk on Canada Day and tear the ligaments in my ankle (though it took me 10 days to see a doctor because I was so embarrassed....) it's the left yet again.

Aside from the fact that I'm obviously very accident prone - or getting so old that every little bump and bruise is turning into a major injury - I am intrigued by the fact that it's always the one side.

Chinese medicine always talks about balance - so are these accidents putting me out of balance? or are my imbalances causing the accidents to happen on one side? Or is a just a fluke?

Curious....

2 Comments:

  • Ouch! Especially to cracking your teeth on the sailboat.

    In my experience, as one who has no co-ordination and is ridiculously clumsy, my imbalances are what cause me to get hurt! As in, I am a complete and utter klutz.

    I see that you are gearing up to switch jobs! Enjoy your final weeks with your current employer and best of luck! :)

    By Blogger Expat, at 2:10 AM  

  • tomama - I don't care what other people say - I still think you're funny...soooooooo funny

    By Blogger lala, at 9:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home