Canadian Down Under

Thursday, April 13, 2006

I just don't get it

A while ago I wrote this post about the fuckwit. I won't rehash it all here again, but at the end of the day, I figured where we left it was pretty final: I wrote him and told him I didn't just sleep around and then pretend nothing happened; that I didn't think I could do the 'friends' thing. He never answered me. The silence was deafening and although I was hurt by his inability to respond to even say he was sorry, after a time I let it go.

Two months have passed and guess what? He text me the other weekend to ask if I wanted to go to dinner. I was away - and in the midst of a veritable brawl with my brother - that I just simply said I was away and nothing more.

Two weeks on, I get an email at work today asking if I was around this weekend. I simply answered 'yes'. And then?

Nothing. Complete silence.

So, I know I should have left it alone, but really, why now? Over the last two weeks, its flittered in and out of my consciousness and yet again, I was starting to let it go when he emailed today. I don't know what his intent was, but he's gotten under my skin. It's like having a scab that's healing and now it's starting to itch. As a kid with mosquito bites, my mom used to have to tie mittens on my hands when I went to bed so I didn't scratch in my sleep.... Not much has changed over the years.

So I sent him a text basically asking why he asked if I was around - was there a reason other than trying to decide whether he should stay in town or not. He answered that he was going to ask me to brunch, but based on my response he thought I'd probably say no.

?????

Obviously not dealing with Einstein here am I?

I sent him a message back saying I just didn't understand why he's asking. No response.

I just don't get it.

Why make such a half-ass effort? Did he expect a warm welcome after how we'd left it? If so, why? But more importantly, why do I care?

He either needs to be a man and really make an effort or simply leave me alone. This wishy washy half-ass stuff is doing in my head.

1 Comments:

  • Good advice. Too bad I didn't ask for it earlier.

    Latest update? He told me he wanted to have brunch because he enjoyed my company. I answered that I appreciated the compliment but felt that he had treated me badly and didn't know what else to do. He hasn't answered and I think finally he's gone away. I'm doubting he'll bother again.

    I'm much too much work!

    By Blogger lala, at 6:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home