Canadian Down Under

Sunday, September 17, 2006

I must be dumb...

because I just can't figure something out.

My best friend (who lives in Canada) and I are pretty erratic at staying in regular contact. 'Crap' would actually be an appropriate adjective. Mind you, neither of us are perturbed by this - if we really need each other, we know all we have to do is call - but with time differences and busy lives, we have never tried to adhere to any particular timetable. (Which is good - because both of us are allergic to rules.) And besides - we're secure enough in our friendship (we've known each other since we were babies...) that regular contact isn't necessary. Nice maybe, but not necessary.

Anyway, we may not call or email regularly, but we've found a new way of communicating: burning mixed CDs and mailing them to each other every couple of months or so. See, we both love music (or should I say live for it?) so it's kind of our way of saying we're thinking of each other - without doing any of that mushy crap.

So why am I dumb? Because I'm mixing a CD that requires some music that I don't have and I thought I'd download them seeing as they are just a couple of one hit wonders and I don't want to buy any albums.

I thought it would be easy.

It's not.

Never mind that I'm having trouble locating these one-hit wonders - but I can't seem to figure out how or where to download singles from at all.

Now it's embarrassing to admit this, but desperate times call for desperate measures.

Any advice?

4 Comments:

  • Oh, sweetie, I wish I could of some help but I'm totally at a lost when it comes to finding and downloading music ...

    By Blogger Twanna A. Hines | FUNKYBROWNCHICK.com, at 1:56 AM  

  • You're fortunate. I don't have any contact with anyone going that far back. I have a few friends from High School, a couple from Uni, and the rest are from after I graduated.

    as far as music, try mininova.org

    iTunes will cost a little, but then you still have to burn the songs to a CD and then rip the CD to mp3.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:28 AM  

  • Maybe limewire-

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:33 AM  

  • Give us a couple examples... you may be surprised that your internet circle has the music you need. I, for example, have the "Wham Rap." A must-have for George Michael lov-ahs.

    We can e-mail it, right? "No, *I* must be dumb..."

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home