Canadian Down Under

Monday, February 05, 2007

Two Weeks

It's been two weeks since I've given up Coke. Coca-Cola that it....

And how's it been?

Well, the last two weeks have been hell. But I'm not sure if I can blame it on the Coke.

A few friends are going through some really tough times, with sick or dying parents and talking to them and trying to help has worn me out. Not that I would dream of doing anything different - but it's hard when your friends are hurting and there is absolutely nothing you can do to make it go away. You can only hope that some of your platitudes and your presence is perhaps making it marginally better.

All that emotion coupled with the lack of Coke has created a monster. I've always been sensitive, but I've become hyper-sensitive to the extreme. My feelings are so easily hurt - and even though I really try to talk myself into a rational reaction, it just hasn't worked.

Has something specific happened? Yes, but unfortunately I can't talk about it here. I thought meanness like this died after high school because people outgrew it, but I guess not everybody does.

If Coke could fix this, I'd be right back on the stuff....

2 Comments:

  • Hello

    We have just created a new website for bloggers and we are currently looking for some nice blogs like yours to feature on our pages if you don't mind taking a look on http://www.fuelmyblog.com/lifestyle/ it is absolutely free and about to be relaunched very soon with lots of exciting things for all the bloggers out there1 hope to see you soon. Many thanks!
    Sylvie from fuelmyblog

    By Blogger Kevin D, at 9:11 PM  

  • xoxo

    By Blogger Unknown, at 3:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home