Canadian Down Under

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

I fall down and go boom...again!

Just realised while typing in this title, that this is not the first time I've fallen down! Seems balance might be a bit of an issue for me....



Anyway, I don't know if I've mentioned it or not, but my cat has a bit of a behavioural problem. Seems she likes to bite me. Just me. No one else. She's sweet as pie to anyone else who visits...



Anyway, I looked it up on the net - because really, it has to stop. All the advice says its because she's bored and is trying to get my attention and that giving her tons of toys is not good enough - apparently I have to get down on the floor and play with her. For about 15 minutes a day....



So, I'm trying - but I have to admit, I'm not a very good player. I mean with a dog you can throw a ball and they bring it back and its all good. You don't have to move, they get exercise and it all counts as quality time...

So the other night I played with her. But let's be honest - I didn't go as far as getting down on the floor - not only would my back not let me, I'm far too lazy... I was dragging this little toy across the back of the couch - but soon ran out of couch, so I meant to continue along the arm but had to turn the corner to do so (told you I'm not a very good player). So I know what I meant to do. I even told my feet how to turn around the corner. They didn't listen.

I fall down and go boom.

Hard.

Loud.

Massive crash.

I took out the counter stools and crashed into the kitchen wall.

It wasn't pretty.

And you know the worst of it? I have no bruises to show for it. No bruises = no sympathy. No visible damage, no ability for others to empathise with my pain.

I fall down go boom.

Ouch.


(Blogger note - I wrote this post yesterday but then blogger froze, only saved half and it took me until today to get back in. Bugger. I think my first version was much more entertaining....)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home