Canadian Down Under

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Happy Australia Day!

Went to a friend of a friends' barbeque today - he'd become an Australian citizen in the morning and was celebrating.

It was nice to see him so happy.

Reminded me that just 4 years ago today I became an Australian citizen myself (and scarily enough I was even blogging back then - even posted my citizenship certificate! You can look if you like, but I am far too lazy to try and link that post....)

4 long years. Good and bad. Definitely ones I wouldn't want to live over - but also wouldn't want to have missed.

Today's barbeque made me slightly nostalgic for the happier, more optimistic new Australian I'd been back then. But I was glad I went. Was glad to have been reminded of how good its been here sometimes.

Seems my plan of staying for a few months to remember what it is I love about Australia and to leave with fondness rather than bitterness might be working...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home