Canadian Down Under

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Best Moment so far....

I may have forgot to mention that I'm home for Christmas this year. Oh wait, I did mention the dreaded open house, which actually has provided the best moment so far:

Somebody tells me how my one and a half year old niece is a real 'Grandma's girl' so I see my mom (Grandma) holding her and say to my niece:

"I hear you really love Grandma."
Blank stare
"Grandma's pretty cool huh?"
Blank stare
"You know, when I was your age, I liked Grandma too!"
Continued blank stare from my niece.
Steely whisper from my mom "You are such a brat."

Just making sure my presence isn't required next year!

The above exchange gave me something to chuckle about all through the open house. Who's kidding who - I'm still laughing!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home