Canadian Down Under

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Stuck in the Lift

at work.

Stuck.

In an elevator.

BY MYSELF!

Me very unhappy when stuck. Me terrified as the lift became unstuck and started hurtling to the ground.


As I was relating my horror story back to some work colleagues, I didn't get the sympathy I expected/hoped for, instead what I got were the following comments:

"Why didn't you just sit down and have a nap?"

"You know there's big springs at the bottom, you wouldn't have crashed and died."

"Even if the elevator were crashing, there are big hooks that get activated and stick into the walls so you don't crash and die."

"Have you ever ridden a rollercoaster? Those technicians have no training, whereas elevator technicians need some serious qualifications."

Serious qualifications? Really? So explain to me how that's supposed to give me comfort when it was this supposedly highly trained expert technician that caused the lifts to freeze and drop because he forgot to take his keys out of the control elevator.

Serious qualifications, my ass!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home