Canadian Down Under

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Tomorrow's the big day..

I got a package in the mail today that contained the following:
  • a deck of cards - with an Australian flag on the back
  • a mouse pad with 'typical Aussie Sheila' sayings
  • 32 Australian flag stickers
  • a beer cooler with 'Australia' written on it, a map of Oz and a kangaroo pictured
  • a super bright flashing magnetic button in the shape of an Australian flag
  • an Australian flag rubber baggage tag

AND

  • a greeting card with a picture of a pair of thongs - Australian thongs- with an accompanying message that explains that Australian thongs are NOT to be called flip flops.

So why the big hoopla? Well, yes tomorrow is Australia day - but even more important - tomorrow, at Manly Lagoon - in a ceremony with a bunch of other people with funny accents - I officially become Australian!

Will write all about it later - but wanted to share my anticipation with the rest of you.

(Oh yeah - and the package? Care package to celebrate becoming an Aussie from my bro who lives in Melbourne and his Aussie wife. And although most things originate from my sister-in-law (she's great by the way), I think that this time my brother may have even contributed!)

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home