Canadian Down Under

Monday, January 23, 2006

I touched it

I had just finished putting my laundry away, had folded up my drying rack and was going to put it away in the cupboard. I reached out to the handle and I touched something. It fell off the handle and it was THE HUGEST MOTHER F*CKING COCKROACH I HAVE EVER SEEN! (Yes, the language is necessary....)

So, so, soooooo disgusting.

It scurried its way across my kitchen floor and is now hiding in my laundry room. If you don't see what the problem is then you need to read here, here and here to understand.

I was reading this blog last night - and I gotta tell you - yes, dead children in horror movies can be scary - and I'm very sorry they're keeping you up Jay - but they aren't real.

This cockroach, however, is very big, very real and now living in my laundry room.

I have a telephone book on the kitchen counter and one huge ass boot should it decide to venture out of the laundry room again, but if you clicked the links, you know at least 50% of me is hoping we never have to have a showdown.

No boyfriend to call, no bug spray (as if I could actually use it) and my bug killing friend is out of town. Man, I'm going to have a nervous breakdown.

I'm never going to sleep tonight.

Fuck.



2 Comments:

  • How can you even compare the two?!

    Sure little dead children aren't real - until one stands at the foot of your bed in the middle of the night, empty eyes staring at you, waiting till you wake up so she can kill you and make you her helpless playmate for eternity.

    Cockroaches are gross, but they're relatively harmless, and probably equally terrified of you.

    I do fucking hate lizards though.

    -shudder-

    By Blogger Jay, at 6:00 AM  

  • Okay, maybe I shouldn't have compared the two - but i gotta say - there's no way that little mother fucker was as scared of me as I was of it.

    You know, maybe if you weren't so funny, dead children wouldn't want to play with you.

    Just a thought....

    By Blogger lala, at 3:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home