Canadian Down Under

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Bored

I am sooooooo bored at work. So bored that I googled the word 'bored' and found a website that kept me amused for the last 30 minutes... it's www.bored.com. I played their riddle games until they started repeating.

Now I'm looking for some other way to amuse myself.

It's not that I don't have work to do. It's just there's nothing flashy and exciting to do. I've been here six months and I've got my area running the way I want - mostly - and it's all really fine tuning now. And the guy who works for me is so capable that I give a little guidance and he can do the rest. It's great, but as a consequence I'm bored.

It's also partly because in just a few days I have a friend from back home (Vancouver actually) coming out to visit and I'm getting excited and impatient. It'll just be so nice to have a familiar face from home here. (The feeling is an intangible thing, but it's means the world to me. it's makes my home here real. Ugh, I'm doing a crap job of explaining....)

I'm not very good at waiting and so I'm guess I'm feeling slightly mischievous/deviant and therefore don't feel like conforming at work at the moment.

Watch. The dam will break just as my friend arrives!

Let's hope karma is kinder to me than that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home