Canadian Down Under

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Good Friends

I have good friends. You know who you are.

The last little while something's been bugging me, but this time I decided I neeed to figure it out on my own. No blogging, no whining or bitching - I feel like I've done too much of that lately.

Especially to friends at home. I mean - how excited are you to receive an email from a friend who only complains?

At least that's how it felt.

But the other day I got a "hey stranger" email that really showed I'd been silent for far too long.... So I answered cheerily enough but then I worried that the blase cheerfulness might be interpreted as I'd forgotten people at home and didn't care.

Nothing could be further from the truth.

You know it's amazing - almost four years into my ex-pat life and I still stumble across new issues as an ex-pat. Who'da thought?

So I was honest. Short and to the point as to why I'd been incommunicado. And you know what I found out? I found out I had worried needlessly. I found out (maybe re-confirmed....) that I have very good friends. Good friends that love and care about me no matter how far away I am and no matter it makes no difference if I'm telling jokes or wiping away tears - they're still happy to hear from me.

So even though life isn't always wonderful, it's always wonderful to have good friends.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home