Canadian Down Under

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Wiped out - AGAIN

I am a hazard on two wheels.

Seriously.

I have twice come seriously close to permanent brain damage and both times it was on my bike.
Today, I didn't come that close, but I did wipe out in a way that permanently damaged my ego....

Okay - maybe not permanently, but there was definitely a large dent..... which is a great accessory to the grazed knee I now have.

So what happened?

Well, I have done this once before (which I may have blogged about already) when I first got on my bike after being off for a couple of years. See, although I'm not a very good cyclist - I do have clip pedals (I used to ride often enough when training for my little short triathlons that it seemed justify) - not a problem when you cycle often enough and are used to them....

which I am....

except for halfway through my ride today.

Right in front of a bus.
Right in front of the commuters getting off the ferry.
...complete dead stop and now way in hell would my shoe come out of the clip.

Oh - and falling over like that ONLY happens in slow motion.
At least this time someone stopped to ask if I was okay.

Yup - I'm fine. Everything except for my pride.

Sometimes I am such a tool it surprises even me....

1 Comments:

  • I am bummed! Just when I stumble upon yor blog, I read you are going back to the homeland. Anyway, if you are ever inclined to come to Queensland, let me know and we can talk blogs and stuff :)
    google: thecanadianphotographrinoz
    regards, grant trammell
    04477 65032

    By Blogger  , at 9:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home