Canadian Down Under

Monday, February 20, 2006

Since You've Been Gone

So yesterday I nearly drove my guest crazy by spontaneously singing different lines from this song. Damn you Kelly Clarkson! Damn you!

It was driving my guest crazy (which was kind of amusing because shit like that amuses me....) but it got to the point that it was making me mental. To the point that I started yelling at myself to stop (when the voices in my head are start to get air time, we're all in trouble...).

So, I promised my guest and myself that I'd make it stop. We certainly didn't need a repeat of what happened the day before with 'Afternoon Delight' being heard almost all day. (you're singing it now aren't you? 'gonna find my baby, gonna hold her tight, gonna grab some afternoon delight'. Yup, I can hear you...)

I went off to the beach by myself, resolved to make it stop. Spread out my sarong, got settled, pulled out my book and started to become absorbed in that when to my right, just a few towels over, I heard this man singing to himself under his breath 'since you've been gone, i can breathe for the first time'.

Waving the white flag.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home