Canadian Down Under

Sunday, July 23, 2006

Gotta Kick It

That's the name of the cheesy movie I watched today. It falls under the category 'So bad it shouldn't have been made for tv'. Yet - I sat and watched it. All the way through. Making fun of it - yet still managing to shed a few tears.

Kind of like the other night, when I watched an equally bad movie called 'Uptown Girls'. Of a slightly higher quality seeing as it starred Brittany Murphy, Dakota Fanning and Heather Locklear. Yet ... still bad. Yet... still a tearjerker. Bordering on waterfalls.

What is happening to me? (she asks in mock horror)

Since when did I become such a softie? I mean - I had three older brothers who mocked me as a child if I dared to shed a tear - especially or should I say particularly if because of a tv program (actual physical pain they had a little more sympathy for - but perhaps that was because they were usually the cause of it and mollifying me meant perhaps less trouble for them... but I digress)

What has happened to me? (she asks incredulously)

I think I'm becoming a girl. I mean a girly girl. Think I should follow up on those plans to take kick boxing lessons - that'll toughen me up again!

1 Comments:

  • That won't take the girl out of you. It'll just make it extremely dangerous for muggers.

    Which would be a good thing.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home