Canadian Down Under

Sunday, September 24, 2006

Summer's almost here....

Know how I know? Well, I don't really KNOW, but it's what I was thinking as I was soaking up the sun in my bikini, on the beach, feeling the warmth of the sun on skin that hasn't been exposed in months, while listening to the waves......

Get all that?

Today I was supposed to go with my Little Sister to the RSPCA (equivalent to Humane Society to you Canadians out there...) to get me a little kitten. (I've already picked a name - but won't divulge until kitten is officially named. Oh and yes I know this is a slippery slope - there is a fear that I'll become the old lady with a gazillion cats- but I'm a few decades away from that...) but at the last minute she called and asked if we could go to the beach.

I thought it might be too cold - but she ordered me out on my balcony (I was still hermitting...) and she was right - it was about 35 degrees out. Mind you - once at the beach I discovered the water was about 3 degrees... And that's saying something for a good ol' Canadian lass!

It's official - I have finally met someone who can swim in colder water than I! Don't get me wrong - I did go in (I mean, I 'm not going to let her call me a wuss, am I?) But there was no way I was staying in for an hour like she did. Why? It was so cold that when the waves hit my rib cage, the air was forced to leave my lungs. No joke. I don't even want to talk about the brain pain I got from getting my head wet....

An hour . She stayed in an hour.

The girl is part polar bear!!

The sun and sand? Warm and lovely. Summer is almost here.

2 Comments:

  • That's sooooo nice that you guys are gearing up for summer! :)

    As you know, the fall is going to depart New York City in the coming weeks, and we're preparing for winter. It's supposed to be a really bad one. :(

    By Blogger Twanna A. Hines | FUNKYBROWNCHICK.com, at 11:54 PM  

  • May yours be slightly wetter than ours was.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home