Canadian Down Under

Sunday, October 01, 2006

Slippery Slope

Yesterday was a very busy but productive day. I know that's exciting for all of you - but I'm actually making a joke - one that only I will probably get....

Anyway, yesterday was the day that I confirmed there will be a new addition to my family.

You're thinking I'm pregnant, aren't you?

Aren't you?

Well, if you are - you're wrong. The news does involve a pregnancy - but it's of the feline variety. See, yesterday I picked out my new little kitten: Monster. Actually, I want to call her Monster, but she looks like a Molly - however, one of my friends named their little girl Molly so..... The thing is - Molly Monster sounds like the best name!

She's a La Perme cat. Never seen one before yesterday. They're kinda strange in that they have curly hair. Weird - but she's so cute it didn't matter. She's black with white tipped paws and a white stripe on her nose and she's the littlest of the bunch.

Cute.

I called her Molly, but when I picked her up and she bit my finger I instinctively called her Monster. I'm thinking I don't have a choice in the matter - she is Molly Monster.

Will post a picture soon when the breeder sends me one. I don't actually get her for another 6 weeks, but when I do, I'm sending out an announcement. I'll include you in my distribution list - not to worry. I'm already creating in my head - it's going to be a beaut!!

My first solely owned cat (have had cats and dogs all my life as part of the family, but never one of my own) at 37. How many cats and how old do I have to be for me to have completely fallen down the slippery slope towards 'Crazy Old Cat Lady'?

Just wondering.

2 Comments:

  • 50 Cats is the official number.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:25 AM  

  • I'm getting a cat, too!!! :) I'm moving into a new apartment soon. And because I don't ever want to catch another mouse in my house ... voila kitty!!

    I haven't blogged about the move (or the soon to be cat adoption), but I will once everything is all set up.

    Coming soon ... fellow crazy scary cat ladies. :)

    By Blogger Twanna A. Hines | FUNKYBROWNCHICK.com, at 2:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home