Canadian Down Under

Friday, February 12, 2010

Warnie kissed me!!

Okay - it wasn't the real Warnie but his shirt said Warnie and it was a cricket shirt.... I guess he thought that was working for him.


Anyway - I'd just gotten off of the ferry (you SO meet the strangest people on the ferry) and the heavens opened - chucking down rain. I'd bought myself a new guitar case earlier that day and wasn't 100% sure I was going to keep it - so was pretty hesitant about walking through the rain unprotected so I stopped just inside the wharf. I just stood there and watched the water come down, thinking about how to best time my dash across the road.


Standing there - I noticed the low wall that had "Manly" carved into it and from the angle where I was, the lights along the walkfront backlight the cement wall - and that with the night rain caught my eye and I as I seem to do of late - I pulled out my camera. Photo ops are not to be missed these days...


So not being the best photographer in the world, the pouring rain at night front of the wharf made taking a good picture difficult, then adding to that was the fact I still don't quite know how to work my new camera... anyway - imposssible!!

So there were many pictures being taken. Many, many, many being taken (and I don't think any turned out....) but as I was taking them suddenly the frame filled with Warnie and one of his friends. The drunken louts so wanted to have their picture taken.

The one known as Warnie then came over and introduced himself then gushed " I LOVE your accent. You visiting? What you live here? How come I've never seen you before?"

Yadda. Yadda.

"Tell me to go away if I'm bugging you."
I just laughed. He was so harmless.

More nattering and then he said to me "I really love your accent, your hair and you have nice boobs."

??

"Oops, was that rude?"

"Yes" I answered - "but then you're an Aussie."

And in such good humour he said "Ooooh, we are rude aren't we?"

Such a typical Aussie bloke: drunk, gregarious, funny and oh so inappropriate but with just enough charm to get away with it.

His friends called him to go, so he turned to leave, but at the last minute ducked back and kissed me.

Yet again inappropriate - but he seemed to get away with it....

2 Comments:

  • I love your candor, you're just too funny!

    By Blogger emseedubya, at 2:11 PM  

  • Legendary..
    That's certainly the most bizarre story I've heard in my life here in Australia.
    And yeah, Aussies seem to have that naughty yet unique essence in them :/

    By Blogger Newoz, at 4:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home