Canadian Down Under

Sunday, February 21, 2010

There wasn't enough chocolate in the world yesterday to make it a good day....

And can I say- I did absolutely nothing for Canadian-Australian relations? Okay - maybe I did - but none of it good. With every passing day I truly realise that a life in diplomacy is just not a road I should ever consider...

So to start off with - although I was up early - I still managed to be late for my course. Not only that - but I managed to forget a few things that I really did need. But it wasn't only my delayed departure that made me late - it was what happened once I got to my car.

So - I'd been to this place before, but it was months ago and although I've lived in Sydney for 6 years, I still get lost; almost daily in fact. So my Sydney street directory is like a lifeline for me and when I got in the car, I reached for it to check the best way to get there but it was nowhere to be found.

And in the mood I was in - although that could be construed as a minor problem - for me it was a catastrophe and I handled it as such.

After a few brief moments of angst, I realised that it must have not been replaced when I got my car washed the day before. I didn't think they'd done a very good job anyway - so I went straight to self-righteous indignation about the lousy service and the carelessness that they had treated my car with...

Really - I'm a prize some days.

So trying to find the car wash I made a number of wrong turns, so by the time I found it I was near mental in rage. Although still managing to keep a cap on it - when I'm that mad, the simmer is visible to all...

I did manage to keep this side of accusing them of stealing it - but I was heading in that direction when they said they didn't have one from the day before. Mixed up in it all was the panic that I was now well and truly late for my course. Not their fault - but my rational mind had switched off.

The manager offered to help me go through my car and see if he could help find it.

Can you see where this is going?

I said of course he could look, but given I'd already gone through my car a number of times - there was no way he was going to find it. I was right - he didn't find it - I did.

ON THE PASSENGER SEAT.

No fucking kidding.

I tried to be graceful in my apology - but lets face - there is absolutely nothing graceful about grovelling.....

What till I tell you about the special moments I had in my course. I need a break before telling those ones - but will get back to you.

3 Comments:

  • Lol. Yikes. Guess you'll be finding a new car wash! Glad you are writing regularly again :)

    By Anonymous jen, at 12:19 AM  

  • The aussie(or at least the queenslander) thing to do would be to buy a carton of rum and call it a day.

    By Blogger emseedubya, at 11:12 AM  

  • LOL! That's classic!

    It sounds very similar to what happened to me over New Year's...well luckily not actually confronting anyone...but I was REALLY thinking of doing so. But alas a month later I looked in the SAME spot that I had looked a zillion times during New Year's...AND FOUND IT!!! Like NO way....

    But I must admit, I did have certain bad thoughts about what possibly happened to my missing item. LOL! Ah boi.

    And ya, sounds like buying a bottle of rum would be a good idea! :D

    By Blogger Melodie, at 6:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home